A Focused Approach To Dating & ADHD - 009May 22, 2017
Welcome to the ninth episode of Harness Your ADHD Power, a podcast show I created to explore the many facets of adult life with ADHD and how you can learn to harness your personal ADHD power to become unstoppable.
Today's episode was inspired by a question I received from a listener in WA State.
I don't think there are any classes in school about dating, and certainly not about dating and ADHD. I remember a few classes about things other than academics, but nothing about the basics of relationships, such as understanding who would be a good match for me, how do I meet them, and what do I do once I meet them, to get to know them well enough to determine if we have a promising future together.
Seriously, a significant relationship influences the quality and course of your life for as long as you are in it, and you want to get this right, to the best of your ability.
In this episode, I want to help you get out of frustration and disappointment, and fill in the information you may have been missing that has been sabotaging your best efforts. AND - Knowing is only the first step; the next step is taking action on what you know to get new results. So, please don't let yourself off the hook here.
Problems are only a problem when they are left unaddressed to play out their sabotage. When addressed, low self-esteem becomes healthy self-esteem, lack of confidence becomes confidence, self-doubt becomes certainty, poor decision-making becomes knowing the reasons decisions are made and making good ones, and boredom becomes a thing of the past, replaced by being fully engaged with life.
- Put yourself on the informational Waitlist for the ADDventures In Achievement Foundational Skills Program, so that you receive all the amazing emails we’ve written to both educate you about Executive Function skills as well as the details of the program; there is absolutely no obligation by being on the Waitlist. You’ll thank yourself for getting informed.
- Free Video and e-Book - Many Mental Health Providers & ADHD
- 13 EF Skills
- Join the amazing Living Beyond ADHD Facebook Group & hang out with your peeps
- Follow me on Dr B Facebook Page and enjoy live videos and more
- Follow me on Instagram and enjoy relevant resources
- Download the transcript for this episode
To Help The Show:
Subscribe at your favorite listening spot and my podcast player has social media links (icons) in the episode player so you can share episodes you love with others!
Please rate the show and leave a thoughtful review on iTunes so I know you're benefiting from the episodes. The greater the number of reviews, the higher the ranking, and the easier it will be for others to find the show; people who also need this information.
Let's put an end to the worldwide needless suffering together! We can do this!