Ask Dr B - about Intense Feelings, Over-Committing & Depression - 020Jun 29, 2017
Welcome to the eighth Ask Dr B episode, and the twentieth episode overall of Harness Your ADHD Power, a podcast show I created to explore the many facets of adult life with ADHD and how you can learn to harness your personal ADHD power to become unstoppable.
I’m so glad you could join me today for my podcast show. It’s time to change things up a bit so you don’t get in a rut and stop paying attention in the moment because you anticipate what’s coming next. Yup! There’s definitely comfort in knowing what to expect, and it can also sabotage your attention and focus.
So, what questions did you wake up with this morning? What tasks are you dreading because you have questions about what to do, when to do it, how to do it or if you even should do it?
Kind of summing it up, the question I’m wondering about this morning is: What is the #1 biggest struggle or frustration you have right now? I really want to know; I do. And I’ve created a fast and fun way for you to tell me; more on that later on.
Your questions matter to me. In fact, we are definitely a curious bunch and deserve to get our questions answered. I know that I certainly have had and continue to have lots and lots of questions and I need to get them answered or else I spin or ruminate on them. Perhaps that's you too.
In this episode, I answer the questions you have about issues or challenges you experience as an adult living with ADHD, and offer you hope. Today's questions come from the topics of Intense Feelings, Over-Committing & Depression. Thank you for your questions, Candice, Tami and Valerie.
And remember to pay attention to your WINS!! Look for them, acknowledge them, celebrate them in a full-hearted way! Exaggerate your emotions and feel the rush of excitement of having done something special and worthy of celebrating. You can even celebrate YOU!
- Put yourself on the informational Waitlist for the ADDventures In Achievement Foundational Skills Program, so that you receive all the amazing emails we’ve written to both educate you about Executive Function skills as well as the details of the program; there is absolutely no obligation by being on the Waitlist. You’ll thank yourself for getting informed.
- Free Video and e-Book - Many Mental Health Providers & ADHD
- 13 EF Skills
- Join the amazing Living Beyond ADHD Facebook Group & hang out with your peeps
- Follow me on Dr B Facebook Page and enjoy live videos and more
- Follow me on Instagram and enjoy relevant resources
- Download the transcript for this episode.
To Help The Show:
Subscribe at your favorite listening spot and my podcast player has social media links (icons) in the episode player so you can share episodes you love with others!
Please rate the show and leave a thoughtful review on iTunes so I know you're benefiting from the episodes. The greater the number of reviews, the higher the ranking, and the easier it will be for others to find the show; people who also need this information.
Let's put an end to the worldwide needless suffering together! We can do this!